Toronto, Ontario (February 11, 2020) – MSA Research is excited to announce that the full agenda for InsurTech North 2020 is finalized. Now in its third year, InsurTech North 2020 takes place April 6-7 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto.
InsurTech North is a forum for InsurTechs, insurers, reinsurers, brokers, MGAs, digital leaders, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
This year’s conference theme is aptly named “Where the Rubber Hits the Road”, highlighting the move from hype to action and the need for meaningful ‘move the needle’ traction. Sessions cover diverse topics from a broad overview of where InsurTech is headed to principles-based regulation, an interactive facilitated workshop on deconstructing key ecosystem issues, AI, the customer journey, combatting sexism in tech, full-stack insurtechs, and working together to win.
Other highlights include:
- Wolf Pack Startup Pitch Competition (competitors will be announced later this month)
- One-to-one meeting opportunities with other attendees at the Expo and Marketplace on both days powered by the Brella event networking app
- Several other networking opportunities, including breakfasts, lunches, networking breaks and cocktail reception on April 6
“I picked this conference in particular because of the networking value,” said Aly Dhalla, CEO and Co-Founder, Finaeo and recipient of the 2019 Wolf Pack Start-Up Pitch Competition. “In fact, InsurTech North created one of our (Finaeo’s) first partnerships,” shared Dhalla.
The agenda and format of InsurTech North were shaped by a world-class advisory committee of diverse leaders including:
- Mukul Ahuja, Partner, Strategy & Artificial Intelligence, Financial Services & Insurance Leader, Omnia AI at Deloitte
- Jan Arp, Managing Partner, Holt
- Sue Britton, CEO & Founder, Fintech Growth Syndicate (FGS)
- Aly Dhalla, CEO & Co-Founder, Finaeo
- Stephen Goldstein, Vice President, Client eXperience Lead, RGAX
- Nicole Gunderson, Managing Director, Global Insurance Accelerator
- Blake Hill, Vice President, Life Insurance, dacadoo
- Keegan Iles, Partner, National Insurance Consulting Leader, PwC
- Alice Keung, Chief Transformation Officer, Economical Insurance
- Laviva Mazhar, Associate, Luge Capital
- Caroline Mills-White, SVP, Global Head of Auto Practice Group, National Director Personal Lines and Affinity, Aon
- Abhay Raman, Chief Security Officer, Sun Life Financial
- Parna Sabet-Stephenson, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Daniel Sinclair, Vice President & Head, Corporate Development, The Co-operators
- Paul Winston, Principal, IE Advisory
“In short, what’s impressed me is the huge variety of attendees from P&C and Life Co., individual and group, VCs and other advisors to the community,” said Keegan Iles, Partner, PwC, and returning Wolf Pack Pitch Competition Leader, “The networking, as a result, is fantastic,” continued Iles, “and when you look around, there are real deals going down. This is what you want to see at an insurtech conference.”
Visit www.insurtechnorth.com to view the full agenda, register or to obtain more information. InsurTech North runs from April 6-7, 2020 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto.
About InsurTech North
InsurTech North provides attendees an essential opportunity to connect with forward-thinking experts including insurance company executives, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, incubators, regulators and advisors. The program is designed to drive insurance technology innovation, opportunity and learning to assist decision-makers in the life/health and P&C industries. Visit www.insurtechnorth.com to register or to obtain more information.
About MSA Research
Market Security Analysis & Research Inc. (MSA) is a Canadian-owned, independent and impartial analytical research firm focused on the Canadian insurance industry.
Founded in 2003, MSA is the dominant provider of financial information relating to Canadian insurers. Its mission is to provide Canada’s insurance professionals with comprehensive financial information, analytical tools and rigorous research on a consistent basis.
MSA reports and software are currently used by more than 90% of Canadian insurers, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers and commercial brokers, all broker associations, all major audit/actuarial firms, equity research and investment banking shops, regulators, governments, third-party administrators, academics and others.
For sponsorship and vendor inquiries, contact:
Laura Viau – firstname.lastname@example.org
(416) 368-0777 ext. 25