For those that take the dive into immersive tech, the gains are real and demonstrable, strengthening the case for investment and deployment. Our XR Industry Insight Report (2019-2020) showed that a massive 93% of enterprises that have decided to use VR have seen a positive effect on their business, with 57% saying that that uplift was very positive. In 2018, 38% said that they were seeing strong or very strong growth in VR for enterprise, which rose to 46% in 2019’s survey. This reflects demand trends with enterprise end users seeing a strong ROI. 93% of enterprise users said that VR had had a positive impact on their business and 88.4% said the same for AR/MR. AR/MR is being used far less frequently, with 56.6% saying that they use the technology and most likely applications in sales, marketing and external communications (although not everyone). Clearly, enterprises deploying XR are reaping the rewards; yet for those who have not begun their immersive transformation, gaining internal buy-in and proving the value can be a challenge.
Join XR Intelligence, on behalf of Reuters Events, on Wednesday, January 15 (8 AM PT / 11 AM ET / 4 PM GMT). We welcome a panel of expert speakers to explore the topic:
XR for Enterprise: How to Gain buy-in and Prove its Value.
We will be joined by Shelley Peterson, Principal Investigator for Augmented & Mixed Reality at Lockheed Martin, Stephen Paul, Visualization and Immersive Technology Director at AECOM, Earl F. Sison, Sr. Designer, Digital VR & AR Development at Thermo Fisher Scientific and the discussion will be moderated by Mark Sage, Executive Director at The AREA.
- Prove the benefit: How XR champions, innovation departments, business heads and HR struggle get budget sign off and the process you need to take
- Identify the types of ROI that can be shared within your businesses to help your business case
- Measure and prioritize different ROI metrics including operational costs, learning retention, customer sales and satisfaction, accuracy and speed of tasks and risk
- Turn XR into a ‘nice to have’ into ‘need to have’ for management
- Get insight on where the biggest hurdles to wider deployment come and how best to navigate them
For more information, please just get in touch – my contacts are below.
Events Director & Head of Innovation
XR Intelligence by Reuters Events
+44 (0)207 375 7567