Sports Global Market Report 2022 gives vital information to the marketers, strategists, and senior management concerning the international sports market as it resurrects after the Covid-19 pandemic.
The sports market is based on the sales of significant sports services and similar goods by sole traders, partnerships, and organizations. These entities enable live sporting events for a paying audience/entity that is involved in the functioning of country clubs, golf courses, marinas, skiing facilities, bowling centers, and recreational and fitness sports centers.
To elaborate on this further, we will talk about the major highlights of the report along with some of the opportunities and strategies suggested.
Major Highlights of the Sports Global Market Report
The Sports Global Market report 2022 covers clubs such as Dallas Cowboys, Liberty Media Corporation, and Futnol Club Barcelona, among others. These clubs have been cited to study the change and impact of the Covid-19 on the sports industry.
The report predicts that the global sports market will expand from USD 34.96 billion in 2021 to USD 510.43 billion in 2022. The compound annual growth rate or CAGR stands at a staggering 41.3%
This growth is mainly because of firms changing their operations to recover from the impact of the Covid pandemic.
Additionally, other major highlights of the Sports Global Market Report 2022 include–
- By ownership: Standalone, Chained
- By revenue Source: Tickets, Media rights, Sponsorship, Merchandising
- Lastly, by type: Participatory Sports, Spectator sports
Countries Covered in the Sports Market
Certain countries have been taken into count to understand the growth of the global sports market. Some of these countries in the Sports Global Market Report 2022 are developing third world countries while others are developed first word ones.
The diversity is taken into consideration to understand the overall state of the industry irrespective of the country’s GDP.
The countries based on their location and continent are:
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- The Czech Republic
- South Africa
- United States of America
- New Zealand
Reasons to Purchase the Sports Global Market Report 2022
There are many reasons to purchase the 2022 version of the Sports Global Market Report. While you will get some updated knowledge about the sports industry, there are other prominent reasons to make the purchase. These include:
- There is no other report as comprehensive as the Sports Global Market Report for this industry that covers more than 50 countries and provides a genuinely international perspective
- Readers can understand the effects of the Covid pandemic on the market and how the market will recover and emerge in the coming years
- Find the growth segments if you are interested in investments
- Building country and regional strategies based on the analysis of the local data
- Overpower competitor firms through the forecast data, drivers, and the new trends that influence the market
- Know what the customers want according to the latest market research results
- Benchmarking of performance against the leading competitors
- Superior strategies can be built through key data sets
- Readers can use the data to support their internal and external presentations by including trustworthy top-quality data and its analysis
Chapters in the Sports Global Market Report 2022
Following are the main chapters in the Sports Global Market Report 2022:
1. Executive Summary
Contains a concise overview and synopsis of the report.
2. Report Structure
Information for the sections covered in the report.
Division of the market based on engagement type, revenue source, and geography.
4. Market Characteristics
Definition and explanation of the sports market.
5. Product Analysis
Description of popular services and products.
6. Supply Chain
Significant players in the sports domain supply chain.
7. Customer Information
Trends in service providers and customer preferences.
8. Trends & Strategies
Major trends that shape the sports market.
9. Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in the Sports Domain
Adopting AR & VR technology in the sports domain.
10. PESTEL Analysis
A tool to help understand and analyze the macro-environmental factors of the sports industry.
11. Sporting Events
Economic effects of major sporting events.
12. Case Studies of Premier Leagues
Listing of the most significant sports premier leagues all around the globe.
13. Esports Timeline
Primary events with respect to the esports industry’s development process.
14. Global Market Growth & Size
Section consisting of the values of the forecast (2018-22) and the worldwide historic (2014-18) market values.
15. Regional Analysis
Market values of both periods are based on the region.
Market value and analysis for the varied segments.
17. Global Macro Analysis
Comparison of the sports market at a global domain by analyzing economic factors on a macro level entailing details like the market size of the sports domain, the sports market average costs, and percentage of GDP.
18. Regional Market Growth & Size
Information on the local market size for all the different periods.
19. Competitive Landscape
Details on the approximate company profiles and market shares.
20. Significant Mergers & Acquisitions
Recent acquisitions and mergers in the sports industry are mentioned in the report.
21. Market Background
Values of the recreation market at a global level during the years 2014-2018 & 2018-2022.
22. Opportunities & Strategies
Best opportunities to use in the sports industry.
23. Conclusions & Recommendations
Conclusions basis the research findings.
Final appendix of the report.
Opportunities in the Global Sports Market
As the sports market all over the globe changes, there will be alterations in the opportunities amongst the sub-domains of sports and recreational activities. Many trends and opportunities that had been dormant during the covid pandemic are expected to emerge strongly in the coming years.
The positive here is that the recovery from the shock of the pandemic across the forecast period is expected. That is primarily because the loss was due to a black swan event and not any global economy or market issues.
To understand this better, we have mentioned some of the top opportunities in the field in 2022 for you:
- Having seen a 4.5% growth since 2014, the global recreation market (sports market) is growing at an annual growth rate of 6%, reaching USD 1,800 billion (approx) in 2022.
- In terms of opportunities in the international sports market, participatory sports wins hands down with USD 70.17 billion in the total annual sales worldwide by 2022
- The highest gain in the sports market would be seen in the United States of America at USD 31.83 billion.
- The market is planned to be benefitted from the steady economic growth forecasted in major developed and developing nations.
Strategies in the Global Sports Market
Sports Global Market Report 2022 entails some of the top trends and strategies used by the industry to emerge out of the Covid crisis. It also showcases the techniques that firms can use to grow in the market as the economy recovers every year.
Some of the top strategies include:
- Strategies based on market trends range from mobile ticketing facilities to reducing costs
- Expansion and establishment of sports businesses in newly grown markets
- Acquisition or establishment of esports teams for laying a footfall in the new esports industry
- Major players started expanding their businesses by building newer facilities in many cities around the globe
- Investments were made in new infrastructure, which led to an increase in revenue
- Improvisation of brand name and creating an international presence
- Increment in merchandise sales and sponsor portfolios leads to an increase in sales
- Using mobile technologies for the supply & demand
- Entertainment elements added to sports events
- Combination of varied sports formats for the entertainment of customers
- Expansion of sports activities in economies of the world that are emerging
- Competitive pricing
- Partnerships with bigger brands
- Services and goods specifically for women
- Use of virtual reality/ augmented reality in enhancing the experience of sports for the audience
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the commonly asked questions about Sports Global Market Report 2022 have been added below. Read on!
1. How early can you get the report?
Most of the reports will be delivered immediately. At maximum, the delivery could take 2 business days.
2. In what format can you get the report?
You can download the report in PDF format, which can be accessed through login credentials that will be sent to your email.
3. What are the sponsorships covered in the report?
Maruhan, Futbol Club Barcelona, Manchester United Football Club, Life Time Fitness, Inc., and Dallas Cowboys are the sponsorships covered in the Sports Global Market Report 2022.
That’s a wrap on all things related to Sports Global Market Report 2022! If you are interested in understanding the ins and outs of the global sports industry, this report is your best bet.
It is a one-stop location for all sports fanatics with critical information, stats, accurate, up-to-date demand-side dynamics details, market and customer research findings, and opportunities and strategies.
Moreover, if you have a business in this arena, you must stay updated and involved with new developments and changes to stay competitive in the market.
Gracie Johnson is a Senior Content Writer at MyTechMag. She is an enthusiastic learner and loves to explore all the areas of technology.