There’s no sector today where AI hasn’t set its foot. It is so interwoven into our lives today that we don’t even notice it. From virtual assistants to text editors to e-payments, Artificial Intelligence impacts nearly all aspects of our lives, solving some of our most important problems.
As we delve deeper into a digitally transformed society powered by AI, the technology promises unprecedented, innovative solutions. So here, we explore the most significant trends in AI that will help businesses accelerate AI deployment in 2022.
An increase in ROI-driven Artificial Intelligence implementation
Businesses have now realized that they must consider financial outcomes as a factor when making investments in AI technology. For this reason, the ROI-driven approach to AI development will be a big trend in 2022. Adopting this approach will help businesses in the following ways:
- Increased collaboration between business and IT teams
- Beneficial for broader implementation of plans
- IT teams can consult with experienced artificial intelligence experts and become more skilled.
- Vast piles of useless historical data can be discarded
- Businesses will be able to learn from their failures and retrain algorithms on new data.
Non-experts creating workable Artificial Intelligence applications
Several businesses want to incorporate AI into their workflow to grow and get ahead of their competitors. But due to the low availability of fine AI talent, most of them can’t achieve this goal. Therefore, low-code and no-code AI solutions that enable non-tech people to develop workable applications from predefined components will be a growing trend in the coming years. With these solutions, businesses will be able to reap the following benefits:
- Optimize their workflows.
- They can suggest recommendations and predict churns.
- Automate invoicing and many more.
Excellent practical use of low code and no code AI is that businesses can create image classification AI models to differentiate between damaged and good quality products.
A rise in the number of intelligent enterprises
These technologies will allow them to harness data to get real-time insights into the market environment, operations, and customers.
Companies can tap into all the available data to succeed in a highly competitive economy. It will also free employees from less critical, menial tasks and allow them to focus on more significant ones, such as – improving customer and employee experience.
The Data Mesh approach will take off
Data mesh, the decentralized approach to analytics, is a trend that represents a shift towards data domains and data products. In centralized data architecture, there are tools for data ingestion, data storage, and data lakes to allow data to be used for analysis and business intelligence.
Data operations or IT departments primarily oversee the organization’s data architecture.
In the Data Mesh approach of data management and analytics, emphasis is laid on domain expertise, which reduces the burden on centralized teams. Each domain expert oversees and works with their data in this method.
In 2022, Data Mesh will take off and become the new approach for distributed data. The need for speedier access to data across distributed landscapes will give a push to this trend.
Data fabric will be a growing data management trend
There are several challenges in big data management. For example, achieving faster and smarter analytics becomes increasingly tricky with an increase in data volume. Some other problems include – delayed system response time, expensive maintenance, etc. To deal with data management issues, the data fabric approach is helpful.
This approach integrates data across platforms and business users, making it easier to use, and reducing data management efforts. In this approach, a unified architecture performs automated data management.
With accelerated digital transformation, data fabrics will serve as the solution to simplify data management and perform tasks in record time frames.
In 2022, we’ll see businesses become more interested in data fabric as they become acquainted with its benefits.
The growing importance of AI ethics
The implementation of AI technologies has increased considerably over the years. No doubt, they offer several benefits, but the concerns about their potential harms and risks also cannot be ignored. With increased awareness of these risks associated with AI, there will be a bigger spotlight on AI ethics in the upcoming years.
It will no longer be sufficient for businesses to just have the technology without considering its side effects. There will be an increased emphasis on transparency, fairness, and accountability. The companies that integrate these principles into their processes from the start will be more successful and trusted in the coming years.
A quick look at some other noteworthy AI trends
While the trends described above will be significant in deciding which direction AI technology is headed, some more notable trends need our quick mention.
- Companies will be prioritizing sustainable practices in AI compute decisions. We’ll see more companies committing to reduce the carbon footprint of their AI.
- We will see the convergence of Quantum Computing with Artificial Intelligence. This integrated solution will solve substantial and complex computational problems which are otherwise difficult to solve using traditional computers.
- AI is a robust cybersecurity tool, but hackers can also use it to increase the precision and effectiveness of their attacks. To create strong defenses against cyber-attack using AI, a skilled and experienced cybersecurity workforce will be required. This increased demand for cybersecurity experts will encourage businesses to train their workforce on the integration of AI in cybersecurity systems.
AI is advancing at an incredible pace as different disruptive technologies become a part of its cognitive capabilities. By staying current on the AI trends, businesses can build robust digital capabilities to unlock several new opportunities.