With rising concerns in population health all over the globe, there is a requirement for a platform that can specifically work on laboratory data. There are plenty of companies working to manage pharmaceutical data and research data, but only one leader in laboratory data management.
Avalon healthcare solutions consistently try to blur the complication between laboratory tests and health plans. The company’s motive is to help insurers clear out their preference for the best laboratories. Another aim is to set a benchmark for coverage provided on laboratory tests.
That will make it fair for physicians, patients, and health plan providers. Avalon Healthcare Solutions provide actionable insights from their network of laboratories to enhance the accuracy of the tests taken by the patients.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions – A Detailed Guide
How many times do we take laboratory tests that are not needed? Just like that, there are plenty of tests to rule out the possibility of a disease. But who pays for all this? Either patient or the health plan providers.
Avalon has taken the giant leap to sort out this complicated network between taking tests and getting compensated by insurance companies. The laboratory benefit management team works relentlessly to bring insights to every service provider and client.
Approximately $82 billion of the money goes into laboratory testing, and a lot of it is unnecessary. At Avalon, the team is dedicated to saving. Saving lives, money, time, effort, and errors. Avalon Healthcare Solutions highlight the less-talked-about issues faced by their customers and clients.
Below are a few pointers to support the need for laboratory benefit managers
- Enhance the quality of healthcare without escalating the cost
- Avoid ordering unnecessary lab tests by physicians
- Authorize the tests to save money, time, and effort on the procedures related to laboratory testing
- Generate lab insights that lead to value-driven care for the patients
- Reduce the error and failure rate in the tests and enhance the treatment outline
- Improvise the lab test result interpretation and increase the accuracy of tests
- Channelize the funds into the right stream for fair compensation for every team
These are a few things that Avalon Healthcare Solutions focus on and are trying to bring a wave of change in laboratory technology. Recently, the company has collaborated with CDPHP to ensure that every patient receives special care through accurate lab data.
CDPHP aims to reduce the cost of healthcare services without compromising on quality and serving the community at large. Avalon, along with CDPHP, is trying to use lab data analytics for installing a system for ordering the proper tests at the right time.
Some of how Avalon Healthcare Solutions will be working towards the proper application of lab benefit management are mentioned below.
- Eliminating the waste of efforts and exploitation of services from the system
- Making clinical outcomes more accurate with time
- Early detection of diseases with more accurate data on their staging and grading
- Having authorization for every lab test that the physician prescribes
- Making way for proper genetic testing to find out the patient’s health status at a deeper level
- Reducing the load on health plans and insurance providers to compensate for the unnecessary lab tests
The company is working at the root of the problem and trying to bring a change in the healthcare industry. Data has a significant role in manipulating how the system works, and Avalon is trying to use it for the better.
Avalon Healthcare Values
Undoubtedly, healthcare costs are touching the sky, and the motive to impact lives is lost. Avalon is trying to bring back this value and utilize lab-driven insights to change the healthcare industry dynamics.
Access to laboratory data has always been controversial in maintaining patients’ privacy. Avalon Healthcare Solutions are giving a new dimension to the accessibility of this data for the welfare of patients.
Below are some crucial ways in which the team at Avalon is trying to maintain the values they stand for.
Understanding & Analyzing Data
The company and its efficient team work hard to understand and segregate each piece of data. The data is arranged in such a format that it seems clear to understand and interpret.
The involvement of the lab insights platform in the healthcare industry makes it easier to efficiently decide the course of treatment. The time difference between diagnosing the problem and starting the treatment becomes shorter.
Setting the Benchmark
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is one of the leading platforms dealing with laboratory insights. This workflow creates a benchmark for healthcare quality in the entire industry. The company aims to ensure that the standard of the treatment is maintained without making it costly for the patients.
This phase of laboratory technology integrated with data management is still growing and has a broader scope. If used correctly and executed efficiently, this domain will impact the lives of everyone positively.
Improving the Overall System
With the efficient lab, insights management comes accuracy in delivering healthcare services to the end-user. The ultimate aim of a Healthcare Solution Provider is to improve the quality of life, which calls for improvement in the overall system.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions ensure that the data from every laboratory test is collected and used to benefit the population. It is not just a piece of information about an individual for diagnosis of the problem. The data will also improve the system for others in the domain.
Lab insights are not simple numbers to reflect the trends of the industry. The company ensures that every piece of data reflects something that can lead to the system’s reformation.
More effort is invested in giving shape to that data, and rigorous research is done to produce some results. At Avalon, no result is also a helpful result, and that’s just how brilliant the team is.
Avalon Healthcare Work Description
Before discussing the company, it is essential to understand why it does so and how it will help. A laboratory test is now a household term because they are exploited to that level.
A simple scenario of a complete blood test will explain the depth of the problem. No matter the problem, the protocol dictates a complete blood examination to rule out some basic possibilities.
How does a simple blood test affect the quality of services delivered in the healthcare industry? Let us find out below.
- More than 40% of blood tests are unnecessary and used to rule out a simple possibility.
- With every blood test, the workers’ occupancy and effort increase.
- The doctor or physician’s capability remains underutilized because of the dependency on basic tests.
- Patients’ money and health plan providers’ funds are wasted on several thousands of these tests.
- That leads to cost-cutting somewhere in the middle of the chain and disrupts the quality of the service for everyone collectively.
When the data is taken for one individual, it seems small and has a negligible effect. But, when the data is calculated for millions of people, it becomes concerning and calls for change. That’s precisely what Avalon healthcare Solutions are trying to bring.
Below are some pointers on what Avalon does to overcome these hurdles.
- 30% of lab tests ordered are not necessarily helpful – the tests undergo an authorization procedure before being executed
- 30% of people are not able to get the tests they need – authorization makes the tests more accessible to every individual
- Some genetic tests are necessary but not performed, while many genetic tests are unwanted – Avalon tries to reduce the error rate
- Once the tests are ruled out, a proper follow-up plan is created to reach the depth of the problem
- Interpretation of lab tests is inappropriate, and more attention and effort must be diverted to this section
- Streamline the health plan and insurance coverage by making clear criteria for sources and points of contacts
Working on the areas mentioned above ensures patients, payers, and providers get value from the lab insights. It creates a unique combination of laboratory science and innovative approach to bring reformation to the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the scope of data management in laboratory sciences?
The data has an important role to play in the healthcare system, and it is going to dictate the future of laboratory science. By utilizing this data, it will become easier to improve healthcare facilities.
2. Is the company environment supportive?
The work culture is supportive and also very innovative. An employee learns plenty of new things at Avalon because of the fast-paced environment.
3. Is the compensation fair at Avalon?
The company focuses on customer acquisition and the development of new products. That makes it high in demand and pays competitive salaries to employees with a high innovation quotient.
After learning about Avalon Healthcare Solutions, it is clear that data will guide the healthcare industry toward growth. It has a supportive culture toward employees and associates, making it the domain leader.
Avalon is trying to create a systematic workflow in terms of laboratory tests by ensuring the proper care for patients.
You May Also Like: